While the majority of people believe that toner is an unnecessary step in their skincare process, we disagree! Toning is a stage in the skincare routine that is often overlooked. Dealing with skin problems can feel practically insurmountable at times. If you're not following the correct skincare routine for your skin type, no matter how much moisturizer you use to combat dry skin spots or mattifying lotions you use to get rid of excess oil, you will reap no benefits. This is where toner can assist you in achieving healthy skin for a glow-up. If you are confused about toner psychology, here’s the guide:
What are the Types of Toners?
1. Hydrating Toners that contain hydrating chemicals like hyaluronic acid and panthenol help keep the skin hydrated.
2. Astringent Toners that are alcohol free, helps balance the pH levels of the skin. The astringent properties work wonders for dry and combination skin, making the skin hydrated and moistened.
3. Exfoliating Toners infused with AFA and toners that are rich in amino acids, vitamins and proteins, exfoliate and accelerate the cell turnover, resulting in a healthy and clear skin.
What is the Purpose of Toner?
- Helps in the removal of pollutants and residue left behind by face wash
- Restores the pH balance of the skin, which has been upset by harsh cleansers
- Minimizes and tighten pores, which are a typical cause of acne and breakouts
- Gently exfoliates the skin to buff away the dead skin cells
- Soothes the skin and offers hydration to dry skin for a rejuvenating feel
- Retains moisture in the skin for the skin to remain supple and soft
Which Facial Toner Is Right For You?
When it comes to facial toners, the sheer number of alternatives available might easily overwhelm you. Choosing the perfect toner for your face, however, does not have to be difficult. Toners with natural products are highly recommended, whereas certain toners with artificial additives irritate your skin or trigger nasty flare-ups of existing conditions. Toners with plant extracts or alcohol-free toners can help in improving skin condition and give an even tone to the skin.
Stay away from:
- Alcohol - Alcohol, unsurprisingly, has a very drying impact. It has the potential to irritate and inflame sensitive skin.
- Benzoyl Peroxide - Commonly used to treat acne, benzoyl peroxide might be far too harsh for some people.
- Artificial Fragrances - These fragrances should be avoided at all costs. After all, wouldn't you like to smell like real flowers rather than synthetic chemicals?
- Phthalates and Parabens - These are two compounds from the same family that are commonly employed as low-cost preservatives. Toxins like these should not be absorbed through your skin.
Which ingredients to look out for?
Look for botanically sourced substances on labels. Always keep in mind that Mother Nature is the most knowledgeable. Natural toners commonly contain the following ingredients:
Tea Tree: Tea Tree Oil has been used for centuries to unclog pores and eliminate build up from the skin's surface. It has the ability to reduce the appearance of pores, regenerate the skin, and provide a mattifying finish.
Rosemary Oil: Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is a woody-scented evergreen plant with needle-like leaves. Rosemary oil, which contains the plant's essence, is extracted from its buds and sealed in small bottles. Just like the body, it gives numerous benefits to our face like fighting acne, skin tightening, removing under-eye bags, and reducing inflammation.
Hyaluronic Acid: This ingredient helps keep the skin healthy, plump, and happily hydrated. It is suitable for all skin types. Hyaluronic acid toner is a great way to soothe, rejuvenate and tighten pores.
What is the right way to use a facial toner?
After cleansing or scrubbing your face, and before applying any serum or moisturizer is the ideal way to use a toner. You can either tap your cotton pad with a toner on your face or moisten your hands with toner and gently pat it over your skin. If your skin tolerates it, you can use toner twice a day after washing or cleansing. Another recommendation we give is to use a light moisturizing cream after applying a toner to retain the moisture and nourishment of the skin.
Have you tried our product?
Aaranyaa’s Tea Tree Astringent toner is a rich combination of natural oils and vitamin C that helps in removing the dead skin, freeing your skin of fungi and bacterial infections, reducing pigmentation and cleansing clogged pores. It stimulates cell growth to reduce fine lines and wrinkles which prevents ageing of skin and helps to treat acne and oily skin conditions.
Since this toner is alcohol-free and infused with purifying and moisturizing agents, it makes the skin smooth, supple and glowing.
What is our recommendation?
For a complete skincare regime of cleansing-toning-moisturizing, we have the best product for skin & recommend using Aaranyaa’s following products:
Neem Tulsi Facewash – It extracts dirt, impurities, and excess oil from the face, making the skin clean and healthy.
Tea Tree Astringent Toner – It cleanses and minimizes pores, prevents acne, skin ageing and provides hydration and refreshed skin.
Youth Protect Day Cream SPF 15 Okra Face Day Cream – It is made up of the powerful combination of okra, shea butter, hyaluronic acid, and SPF. This combination provides hydration, moisturization, and rejuvenation to skin cells while protecting skin from UV/UA radiations.
This combo will perfectly restore your skin’s moisture + texture and give an even skin tone. Be it night or day, let your face glow and glitter like a celeb!