“Seasons are the natural global earth clock and the rhythm of the world”
- Tibetan Medicine Education Center
Are you aware that fluctuations in temperature, humidity, and the environment can alter the state of your scalp? During the seasonal "transition periods," you may notice more hair loss, itching, and other hair/scalp difficulties. Majority of people don't even "know" their own scalps’ condition! The condition of our scalp is greatly affected by changes in the climate throughout the year.
UV rays are at their most powerful this time of year. Did you realize that our scalp is exposed to these damaging rays 23 times more than our face? It is necessary to protect your head by wearing hats; nevertheless, hats suffocate the scalp/hair, which is another reason for thinning of hair and causes sweating on the scalp. In this season, appropriate "air circulation" is essential. Sweat can contain bacteria, extra oil, dirt, and pollutants. These can easily accumulate on your scalp and erode its protective layer. This is also the reason why you could get dandruff during the hot, humid months.
Summers are more about refreshing drinks and eatables that keep your body cool while monsoons are more about warm liquids and eatables that regulate the body temperature to balance with the cooler temperatures outside. As there is a change from summer to monsoon season, there is a considerable change in the food intake that affects the scalp condition too. The consequences of dryness and UV light damage from the summer months are evident in the scalp and hair at this time. According to hair experts, rainwater contains pollutants and chemicals from the air which damage the hair bulb and clog the hair follicles, leaving your hair dull, thin, itchy, dry, and brittle. Rainwater also increases the risk of fungal infections, which can result in hair loss, dandruff, and itchiness on the scalp. The fungus that causes dandruff thrives in humid climates, thus it gets worse during the rainy season.
The cooler environment slows blood circulation in the scalp, preventing oxygen and nutrients from reaching the scalp. As a result, the scalp and hair becomes dry and flaky. People stay indoors more often and turn up the heater in the winter. This results in heated, dry air accumulation on the scalp. Dandruff is related to oil secretion on the scalp. When the scalp produces too much oil to battle dryness, dandruff develops.
TIPS TO CARE FOR YOUR SCALP
We hope you've realized that your scalp requires ongoing TLC as the seasons and events in your life change. Hair loss isn't something that just appears out of nowhere. It's always possible to prevent it. So, here are some suggestions for avoiding scalp and hair problems:
- Avoid taking very hot showers. It frequently dries out the scalp and harms the skin on the head.
- Keep your hair away from alcohol-based products. Such products might dry out your scalp in the cold and eventually cause dandruff.
- Wet hair should not be tied up because this can foster the growth of bacteria and fungus.
- Use shampoos with moisturizing properties to routinely wash your hair. This can cure dry hair and eliminate the bacteria that cause dandruff.
- Use a natural hardwood brush or a natural boar bristle brush to comb your hair.
- Get a hair spa once a month or every six weeks to keep your scalp in good shape.
- Ensure that your hair care regimen is in sync with the natural global earth clock!
Have you tried our product?
Try to keep dandruff at bay which is likely to accumulate as the seasons' change. Aaranyaa’s Anti-dandruff Shampoo with Neem Extract and Neem Oil has hair strengthening and conditioning properties. Neem extract efficiently cleanses hair, removes dirt and extra oil from hair follicles thus, providing relief from dandruff and lice. It also offers hydration and moisturization for lustrous tresses. The formula makes hair strong and healthy.
We recommend a hair care combo from Aaranyaa that will keep hair dandruff-free whichever the season. The below mentioned Aaranyaa hair care products are free from Sulfates, Paraben, SLS, Mineral Oil, Petroleum, and Artificial Preservatives.
- Rejuvenating Hair Oil: It is a blend of Tea Tree Oil, Argan Oil, and Olive Oil. This multipurpose oil moisturizes the scalp, strengthens and renews the hair, reduces hair loss, and aids in reversing baldness and hair thinning.
- Anti-dandruff Shampoo with Neem Extract and Neem Oil: The hydrating minerals and oils in the Neem Anti-Dandruff Shampoo that has extracts which promote hair regrowth by moisturizing the hair and scalp.
- Hair Pack with Argan Oil & Seabuckthorn Oil: It is a hair pack that includes seabuckthorn oil and argan oil to restore the health of damaged and lifeless hair. It fixes split ends, stops hair loss, makes hair lustrous and silky, and strengthens hair. Its reparative composition is incredibly good in preventing hair loss, dandruff, and thinning hair.