Sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) grows all around the world, from salty sea coastlines of the European Atlantic to the semi-deserts of Central Asia and North America, to the subalpine highlands of the Himalayas. The sea buckthorn tree endures harsh conditions for thousands of years, including high altitudes and low moisture. To survive, the plant has evolved to use its plentiful supply of fatty acids, nutrients, and vitamins as sources of energy.
It is a thorny shrub (or tree) that grows from 1.5 to 20 feet tall and has smooth or cracked bark. The plant's long silvery leaves and vivid orange berries are rich in important fatty acids and vitamins, as well as a variety of active compounds. The sheer quantity (and great range) of nutrients sets sea buckthorn apart from the competition. This nutrient-dense fruit of sea buckthorn has twelve times the Vitamin C of oranges, twice the Vitamin E of wheat grain, and three times the Vitamin A of carrots. Imagine the number of benefits it can offer to health!
SEA BUCKTHORN: A POWERHOUSE OF NUTRIENTS
Because this super fruit grows on land rather than in water, this fruit has a lot to offer in terms of beauty, nutrition, and medicine. The plant contains a huge number of active compounds whose qualities are successfully applied in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries. The valuable chemicals included in sea buckthorn oil serve a significant part in the proper functioning of the human body, as well as giving skin and hair a beautiful and healthy appearance.
The nutritional content and fatty acids make sea buckthorn a popular choice for skin and health and provide just as many benefits for hair and scalp. Given sea buckthorn's superior nutrient profile and high concentration of omega fatty acids, the plant's nourishing oils can give longer, stronger strands and a radiant texture to hair. These also benefit to greater hair growth and shine.
NUTRIENT PROFILE OF SEA BUCKTHORN
1. VITAMINS A & E: Vitamins A and E are outstanding antioxidants that aid in the rejuvenation and repair of cell membranes, as well as battling dryness, brittleness, thinning, and breakage in hair and skin.
2. VITAMIN B: Vitamins, when taken together, aid in the conversion of food into energy and are necessary for the renewal and production of healthy skin, hair, and blood. B6 is also involved in the development and stimulation of healthy blood cells, which transport oxygen and nutrients throughout the body and to the hair.
3. VITAMIN C: This crucial vitamin's antioxidant qualities aid in the battle against free radicals and environmental variables that can cause structural damage to hair proteins, preventing breakage and split ends.
4. AMINO ACIDS: Keratin, the protein that makes up hair, is made up of amino acids. These amino acids restore the strength and health of hair that has been damaged by mechanical or chemical means, as well as further support healthy hair development.
5. OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS: The omega-3 fatty acids are superior to those found in fish oil, and the antioxidants in sea buckthorn oils outperform those found in any other plant-based source.
6. OMEGA-7: It is little-known that omega-7 provides important building blocks for skin, hair, and nails. It fights dryness, loss of skin and hair elasticity, and other aging and damage symptoms. It guards against oxidation.
SEA BUCKTHORN FOR HAIR CARE
Sea buckthorn contains 190 biologically active compounds that feed the body’s cells and guard them against free radical damage that inherits the aging process in the hair. It offers the following benefits to hair:
- Stimulate hair growth,
- Hydrates and nourishes hair
- Rejuvenates and renews cell membranes
- Help to fight aging in hair
- Combats dryness, brittleness, thinning, and breakage of hair follicles
- Play a unique role in hair healing
- Make hair healthier, both in terms of look and in terms of resolving certain hair concerns
- Aid in the smoothing and management of rough or coarse hair textures
- Help prevent breakage and split ends
- Protect against oxidative damage and helps hair retain moisture better
- Aid hair growth and health
- Aid in the restoration of elasticity, which is vital for your hair to have body, bounce, and curl retention
- Biotin content helps to strengthen hair follicles, which helps to prevent hair loss and shedding
Our Recommendation on how to incorporate Sea Buckthorn in hair care regimen
Natural ingredients that assist growth and support hair health are safer than chemical-based commercial ingredients. Treat your chemically damaged hair to the tried and tested power of herbal infusions in Aaranyaa’s Sulphate Free Shampoo with Sea Buckthorn that is highly effective in rejuvenating, restorative and anti-aging action.
Ayurveda and Ancient Chinese medicine both use this wonderful ingredient. Sea buckthorn, also known as the holy fruit of the Himalayas, can be eaten or applied topically to reap the advantages of its beauty properties. It is indeed, a valuable addition to health and aesthetic goods because of its 200+ characteristics.