Want younger skin and smaller pores? Definitely! Honestly, who doesn't need young skin and small, unclogged, non-existent pores? You already know that you need to keep your pores clean and healthy to keep your skin looking youthful, but did you know there are benefits to using activated charcoal for your skin? Healing products containing activated charcoal have a strong detoxifying effect on the pores, leaving the skin clear and radiant. Let’s learn more about how pores work, how to keep your pores healthy to have smoother, younger-looking skin.
Importance of Pores in our Body
You can't get rid of the pores. Your body needs it. The pores serve as a passageway for oil (sebum), which the body naturally produces. Failure to cleanse pores can lead to infection or blockages that lead to acne and blackheads breakouts. Some people are born with larger pores than others, but cleaning the pores with a well-balanced product and moisturizing it can minimize their obvious appearance on the skin. Proper cleaning is important to reduce the appearance of pores, but there are other steps you can take to prevent clogging of pores:
- Do not put dirty and greasy hands on your face.
- Use sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful rays.
- Skip going for aggressive exfoliation as it aggravates pores. Instead of a heavy scrub, choose a mild Mask.
- Do not avoid applying moisturizer but use it only twice a day. We also recommend applying an organic moisturizer to your face that is free from harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin.
Benefits of Using Products with Activated Charcoal
- The beauty of activated charcoal is that it effectively cleanses the skin, unclogs pores, and removes the deepest impurities and dead skin cells making the skin smooth, supple and even textured.
- Charcoal molecules have magnetic properties to attract toxins, heavy metals, dirt, chemicals and other poisons. Charcoal molecules take these away when it gets washed away from the skin, keeping the skin purified.
- One of the best features of using activated charcoal products is that it eliminates toxins, heavy metals, dirt, chemicals and other poisons from the skin without absorbing the vitamins and nutrients that help keep your skin glowing and healthy.
- A good quality activated charcoal-based cleanser can help you balance the emollients, essential oils, and vitamins you need to keep your skin healthy and prevent dry skin.
- Activated charcoal has inert properties that don’t cause allergic reactions and does not irritate sensitive skin. In fact, activated charcoal can be used to treat allergic skin reactions.
To deeply cleanse pores and remove impurities, you need a face mask with an active blend of activated charcoal, organic herbs and natural clay. Our recommendation is Aaranyaa’s Peel off Mask that contains Activated Charcoal and natural extracts of Amla, Turmeric and Moringa Oil. It detoxifies and purifies the skin which enhances the skin tone and helps in fighting skin problems like acne caused by dirt and pollutants.
Our other recommendation is using Aaranyaa’s Charcoal Face Scrub that is made with Activated Charcoal along with Lemongrass and Eucalyptus Essential Oils. Lemongrass Oil has antifungal, insecticidal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Eucalyptus oil has antibacterial, anti-infectious, antispasmodic which treats acne, and smoothens skin. This scrub will draw out all the toxins and blemishes from your face and will give your skin a youthful glow.
Cleaning your pores with natural activated charcoal will not completely remove them in one go. However, you need to follow a regular pore cleansing skincare routine for your pores to remain healthy and clean. You will then have fresh and youthful skin to show with the world.